JOIN THE GOVERNMENT
As part of the government initiative to increase citizen participation, Prime Minister Mordechai Linhart launched a call for citizens to join the 6th Government of Lostisland. We built this page to answer your questions about becoming a minister in the Linhart Cabinet.
WHO CAN BECOME A MINISTER?
The government members are the face of Lostisland and must have an impeccable record within the organization. Any Lostislandic citizen may apply to join the Government, provided that they meet the following criteria:
These minimum requirements, however, don’t guarantee that all the applicants will be accepted. In order to save your time, we recommend you not to apply if your situation is any of the following:
- DON’T apply if you want a fancy title: though not full-time position, membership in the Governmnent is an assignment, not an award, and you will be expected to deliver the results of your work, including a yearly report. If right after appointment you disappear and ignore the emails of your superiors, very soon you’ll find yourself dismissed.
- DON’T apply if you have no free time: see above. We don’t expect you to treat a voluntary position as a job, but you should dedicate to Lostisland at least three hours a week.
- DON’T apply if you want diplomatic immunity: even though Lostisland considers itself a sovereign entity, it is not a sovereign nation state. Our ministers do not enjoy diplomatic immunity and are equivalent to NGO officers (this may change if your country of residence signs a treaty of mutual recognition with Lostisland).
- DON’T apply if you just joined Lostisland. Yes, there are exceptions. There are people who became Lostislandic citizens after having known Lostisland and its people for months and years. However, if this is not your case, we recommend that you wait at least for two weeks after obtaining citizenship while you familiarize yourself with Lostisland, to make sure this is your cup of tea.
- DON’T apply if you don’t want to be publicly associated with Lostisland. There are citizens who want to keep their affiliation with Lostisland private. We fully respect this choice and never comment whether a particular person is a Lostislandic citizen. However, this choice is incompatible with holding a public position, such as one of a minister.
- DON’T apply if you’re not a Lostislandic citizen. It goes without saying that only Lostislandic citizens may represent Lostisland, but we’ve had people trying to purchase identity cards before obtaining citizenship, hence we put this warning. If you like Lostisland and want to join the government – please apply for citizenship first.
Now, who should apply?
- DO apply if you want to help us grow.
- DO apply if you’re able to raise awareness about Lostisland in your local community, if you have connections among politicians, government members, businessmen, etc.
- DO apply if you’re good at writing letters, organizing events, SMM, if you have both time and skills that you could dedicate to Lostisland.
If after reading this, you still want to join the Government – and don’t tell us it’s because government members may buy products from our online store at a special price, or because you want to have a @lostisland.org email – we invite you to fill the following form. It has fewer questions than the citizenship application form, because we already have the information from it. Your application will be reviewed by the Prime Minister and the President; we’ll get in touch with you within 30 working days.
At present, the available offices are:
- Minister of Recruitment and Retention (in charge of working on ways to find/keep/re-activate citizens)
- Minister of Education and Culture