The President of Lostisland, also known as the Federal President, is the Lostislandic Head of State. Since the creation of the office in April 2013, it was held by Yaroslav Mar, the co-founder of Lostisland.
H.E. Yaroslav Mar, the President of Lostisland, is a Russian and Israeli musician, travel manager, entrepreneur and humanitarian activist.
Yaroslav Mar joined the predecessor of Lostisland, an eponymous roleplay game, in July 2008 and oversaw its transformation to the Republic of Lostisland in September 2010, when he became the Captain Regent of the Republic of Lostisland. When the Federal Republic of Lostisland was proclaimed on 4 April 2013, Yaroslav Mar became the President of the Federal Republic of Lostisland.
Yaroslav Mar is a member of the Royal Musical Association (UK), the Royal Society for Music History of The Netherlands, the Anglo-Portuguese Society and the American Society of Travel Advisors. He holds the rank of Captain in Corps Saint Lazarus International (Austria).
Yaroslav Mar is a speaker of Russian, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Hebrew.
WHAT DOES THE PRESIDENT DO?
The President of Lostisland is elected on a universal voting for a four-year term. However, according to Article LXXIV of the Constitution, the first presidential election will take place after the death or resignation of Yaroslav Mar, who serves as the Life President.
- The Federal President shall be the head of the State.
- The Federal President shall be guarantor of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Lostisland, of the rights and freedoms of man and women.
- According to the rules established by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Lostisland, he shall adopt measures to protect the sovereignty of the Federal Republic of Lostisland, its independence and state integrity, ensure coordinated functioning and interaction of all the bodies of state power.
- According to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Lostisland and federal laws the Federal President shall determine the guidelines of the internal and foreign policies of the State.
- As the head of the State the Federal President represents the Federal Republic of Lostisland inside it and in international relations.